We’d like to share our perspective on Silicon Valley Bank’s recent challenges and spillover effects; whether we are facing a financial crisis and how we’ve positioned the Tall Oak Capital Appreciation Fund to navigate the current market volatility.
We understand how unsettling these situations can be, and we encourage you to reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns regarding the current environment. Your trust in us is paramount and we remain dedicated to serving you with integrity and transparency.
At a glance:
- Silicon Valley Bank failed due to a run on the bank and an asset/liability mismatch problem
- Concerns about the health of regional banks has increased bank stock price volatility
- The Tall Oak Capital Appreciation fund had zero exposure to SVB, Signature Bank or First Republic.
- We don’t believe this is the same as 2008 – that was a solvency problem from bad loans originating from the US housing market
- Our priority is managing risk and we continue to maintain a conservative stance in the Tall Oak Capital Appreciation Fund.
Read the full report here: